Sunday, August 10, 2014

What I Wore: Walking Around Europe

Lavender in Provence
My husband and I spent a little more than three weeks traveling Europe this summer. It was a wonderful "second honeymoon" if you will. We stayed in Ireland, France, Italy, Austria, (drove through Lichtenstein on our way to) Switzerland and then back to Italy for our flight home. As you can imagine there was a lot of walking. The majority of the time, I wore a cotton skirt, a basic t-shirt and a cardigan tied around my shoulders. But what shoe does one wear to offer comfort and a bit of cute? Tretorn sneakers, of course! Seksti Mesh in oyster gray to be exact. Sneakers and a skirt equals a perfect combination for summer walks on cobblestone sidewalks and paths. Though ballet flats or summer sandals look cute with cotton skirts, they're just not supportive enough for hours (and I mean many hours!) of walking.  These mesh Tretorns were so comfortable, I ordered a second pair, in blue, when I returned from holiday. I think they will go nicely into Autumn when paired with denim or colorful ankle pants. What do you think?




Check out my "Skirt and Sneakers" board on Pinterest for more cute looks.
Happy Travels!
xoxo
Patti

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for post one of our bags on your blog!!!!! I just returned yesterday from Europe and they are everywhere !
    cheers!

    ReplyDelete