Thursday, March 29, 2012

Mid-week Wine Tasting Dinner

I don't often share my personal life on my blog, but my husband and I had such a fun night last night, I can't help myself. We went to our first wine tasting dinner. I know lots of people do this sort of thing... especially in this part of the country. For me, it was my first one, and I really enjoyed it! So here's a look at what we had to eat (and drink). If you're local, I highly recommend dinner at Taberna Restaurant on Madison in Bridgeport. The food was absolutely delicious. It recently had a fabulous review in the New York Times. We will be returning, for sure!

First course was a pair of "Spanish wood roasted piquillo peppers stuffed with Valencian salad": rice, saffron oil, walnuts, chicken and shrimp. The wine was a really light, crisp white: Enanso Viura 2010.
Second course was "Maine Lobster sauteed with fresh garlic, roasted bell peppers and served over pasta." The wine: Enanso Chardonnay 2010
Third course was "Taberna Antipasto: Serrano Ham, Spanish Chorison, Manchego Cheese and cantaloupe" topped with a balsamic drizzle. (I could have eaten 4 of these small plates. Amazing!) This course was accompanied by an Enenso Tempranillo 2010. (really enjoyed this red.)
Fourth course was "Marinated Pork Tenderloin served over crispy toast, topped with Mediterranean Vegetable Relish." (yum!) Wine: Bogordi Cosecha Rioja (red)
Fifth, and final course was Taberna Classic Mango Flan served with Orange Peel Marmalade.  This dessert was really lovely and was paired with Luadate Dominiun Moscatel, a sweet dessert wine.
 I am not a wine connoisseur, so I really can't begin to give you a full palate description of each of the five wines. I can tell you that it was lovely to spend a weeknight out with my husband, good friends, amazing food and delicious drinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment