Monday, May 16, 2011

National Stationery Show 2011


Whew! What a whirlwind of a walk I had Sunday at the National Stationery Show. This was my second year to visit and so I was a bit more prepared with what I wanted to see and who I wanted to meet. That said, it was a quick visit. My wonderful family agreed to drive me door to door and take in a museum while I was taking in all the lovely paper & displays and meeting some fabulous people in my industry. I will be the first to admit, I didn't take nearly as many photos as I had wanted. And I will also admit I was a bit timid upon approaching some booths as I didn't want to interrupt a possible sale! (Robyn Wehab of Meant To Be Sent I'm talking about you!) I also got so busy chatting with some designers that I just completely forgot to ask for a photo of us together. (Ahem, Katie of Kelp Designs, Jaimee of Bushel and Peck Papers and Dianne & Ed of Ttulip Greetings.)

Okay, enough apologies... Lets get to the photos I did manage to take!







As you can see, there were so many lovely paper items and most importantly talented people to meet. I stopped by the Fresh Bunch booth and chatted with the wonderful Molly. I had the chance to talk with fellow Connecticut Yankees, Dianne & Ed of Ttulip Greetings. So funny that we had to travel to the Big Apple to meet instead of grabbing a coffee at one of our local Starbucks! A meet-up at Ikea is in the works this summer. I finally got to meet Jaimee over at Bushel and Peck Papers as well as her sister, Kristin of Lather Soap Company. The visit was short but lovely. I know Jaimee and I will be paper pals for a long time! I would loved to have spoken with Robyn from Meant To Be Sent, but her booth was SO busy when I stopped by, that I didn't want to take time away from clients. I was SO happy for her to see so much activity at her booth. And sadly I also did not get a chance to meet up with fellow paper girl Lori from Paisley Wallpaper Blog. I got her twitter message after I got home. The day went so quickly and I really could have stayed for a few more hours, but my chariot was waiting for me. 

I've listed all those mentioned in this blog below. When you click on their name you'll be taken one of their websites! I'd love to hear about your visit if you went to the National Stationery Show! Feel free to leave a link in the comments if you've written a blog post about it. If you're not a fellow paper person, have you ever gone to a trade show? If so... do share!

1 comment: