Sunday, August 21, 2011

Easton Place Granola

Last week I had the pleasure of hosting brunch for a few friends. Whenever I have a party, I like giving a little parting gift. Often I make personalized stationery or other paper lovelies (for obvious reasons), but this time I thought I'd change things up a bit and make granola for my guests to take home. Today I'm sharing the recipe with you as well as printable recipe cards... a card for you and one for a friend perhaps!




Ingredients
4 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten free rolled oats
2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup pepitas
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup local clover honey
1/4 cup molasses
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1 cup raisins


Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.Toss the oats, coconut, and seeds in a large glass bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, honey, molasses, vanilla and spices. Pour the liquids over the oat mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until well coated. Pour mixture onto a large baking pan. Bake, stirring occasionally, until the granola becomes golden brown, about 35 minutes.

  • Remove the granola from the oven, spread out onto sheets of parchment paper and allow to cool. Once cooled, pour back into baking pan and mix in raisins. Store in airtight container.
This granola is a full-flavored granola. A little goes a long way in the taste department. My favorite way to enjoy this recipe is to sprinkle over Stoneyfield Banilla yogurt and mixed berries. Perfect for breakfast or a mid-morning snack!
Click on the image below to go to your free printable set of Easton Place Granola recipe cards. You can print on a 5"x7" card then cut in half. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Love this recipe and I like the way you whisk the liquids beforehand...Definitely great recipe card as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea Patti! The granola looks delicious and your recipe card is adorable! I'm going to print this right now and laminate it (right after I print the picture of my daughter w/ our dog for her new locket :-)Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love homemade granola! This looks wonderful, and love adding molasses, what a great flavor addition! Beautiful! Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete