Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Cod Cakes

I've made it no secret that I'm not a cook nor a baker... but I do like to try a new recipe every now and again! This week's new recipe is an adaptation of this one found on Saveur.com. I changed it up a bit because I like to taste the fish in a fish cake, not so much the filler. I think this makes it a tiny bit healthier as well. Follow the recipe as shown in the link, but add twice the amount of fish and half the potatoes. The recipe is a bit time consuming, but the end result is SO worth it! My husband and youngest son both raved about the little fish cakes. My oldest son is a vegetarian, so he didn't want to try them. Oh well. More for the rest of us!


I served the cod cakes with a dollop of a sauce I whipped up.
1/2 cup mayo
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp fresh dill
1/2 tsp sriracha
Mix together and refrigerate before serving. Add less or more of the seasoning ingredients to taste.





And with tomatoes being amazing this year, I also made this colorful tomato salad with fresh garlic, basil, olive oil, salt 'n pepper. A delicious Summer meal!

What are some of your favorite Summer recipes? Feel free to share in the comments below!

4 comments:

  1. Yum Patti! I love the addition of potatoes and your siracha spiked sauce sounds delicious! We do a LOT of tomato salads in the summer too, plus enjoy the stone fruits and berries of summer every day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EA, Thank you for the blog-comment-love :)
      Honestly, I really hit it out of the park with this meal. Hope you try it! So fresh. And you can totally make it GF with a small substitution of gf breadcrumbs.

      Delete
  2. I'm bookmarking this recipe! The cod cakes sound so delicious and made even more tantalizing with summer's bounty of tomatoes and herbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Christine. You'll want to make these little fishcakes over and over :) It has been a terrific tomato season already! Looking forward to August's crops :)

      Delete