Friday, May 17, 2013

Red, White and Blue

I was recently invited to pin onto The Daily Basics' Pinterest board "The Glorious Fourth" and I remembered I'd posted a quick and colorful dessert onto the blog The Whimsical Fig. Seems like a good idea to share that here as well! Though the 4th of July is over a month away, it's still fun to start planning the celebration!

First, the dessert (because that's how every day should start, right?).
  • Sliced Poundcake
  • Fresh Strawberries
  • Homemade Whipped Cream (extra vanilla added, please!)
  • Blue Sugar Crystals
That's really all you need for this fun, colorful and delicious dessert. I like to put my whipped cream into a pastry bag or regular plastic bag with the corner snipped so I can pipe the cream onto each plated dessert. You might just want to use a dollop of cream if you choose.


Inspired by the fabulous color combination of Red, White and Blue, I've also designed a set of festive paper placemats for your holiday gathering! They're perfect for adding a touch of the red, white and blue to your BBQ.
Last year I created free printables to top off your 4th of July dessert table. They're still available, so be sure to print up a set for your dessert table. They're great for Memorial Day as well.
Let me know in the comments if you're planning your own 4th of July celebration. Be sure to check out The Daily Basics site for great ideas on entertaining and home.

xoxo
Patti

No comments:

Post a Comment