Thursday, April 10, 2014

Navy Blue Master Bedroom

This week our painters were here to paint the master bedroom. We've had a creamy white bedroom since we moved in in 2001. Although I did paint our bedroom once, I really only reinforced the builder's vanilla walls. Back then I had two kids under the age of 4 and I honestly couldn't find enough energy to focus on a big change.

With a major remodel taking place, and "real" painters doing the work, I decided to really go for it! My husband and I both love Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod and the styling of quaint New England coastal towns. So with that in mind, my hubby suggested navy blue walls. This might seem too bold for a master bedroom, but I was up for the challenge! I decided upon Benjamin Moore #1629 "Bachelor Blue". My master bathroom is Benjamin Moore "Rock Gray", so I knew I wanted a deep blue that would coordinate with the bathroom, but not be an exact match. I'm thrilled with the way it came out. The white mouldings and trim really pop against the blue walls. And since Bachelor Blue has quite a bit of grey in it, our grey linen bed looks great against the walls.

I can hardly wait to pull in new side tables, mirrors, lights etc. I'm not going to rush it. Part of the fun is the process! I'll leave you with a little sample of the wall change as well as some inspiration photos I've collected on Pinterest.



As you can see, we need to install door knobs. They've been selected. I posted a photo on Instagram of the style I chose. Classic glass knob on an oil-rubbed bronze rosette (back plate). The bathrooms will have polished nickel rosettes.


That's all for tonight. I really wanted to get today's post up earlier, but I've been working on a few custom designs! I'm looking forward to sharing those details as well. Wishing you all a lovely Thursday (what's left of it).

xo
-Patti


No comments:

Post a Comment